Algiers Village Traffic Safety – Public Meeting and Walk About
Thursday, May 9th 5:30 to 7:00 PM
Organzied by the Guilford Selectboard, co-facilitated by Gary Swindler and Rev. Lise Sparrow.
All citizens of Guilford with an interest in Algiers Village traffic safety are invited to attend, to include: pedestrians, cyclists, families with young children, anyone with mobility challenges, business owners, home owners, renters & landlords.
Meeting to be held at Guilford Community Church. Public to gather outside of church shortly before 5:30 for a public walk-about in Algiers Village from 5:30 to 6:00. Areas to be covered include the intersection of Route 5 and Guilford Center Road, driveways, parking lots, side roads, trails and pedestrian walkways. Following the outdoor walk-around, the group will gather inside the Guilford Community Church sanctuary at 6:00 for a discussion.
Items to discuss:
- Review observations of walk-about.
- Hear traffic safety public testimonies of residents who live in Algiers.
- Identify traffic safety concerns.
- Gather ideas for improving safety.
- Create a written record of the meeting that can be shared with the Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTRANS).
- VTRANS will use the findings of this meeting as part of a proposed road safety audit, potentially resulting in state funded traffic safety improvements within the Village of Algiers.