ECUMENICAL GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE
The Annual Ecumenical Good Friday Service will be streamed here on the following link WATCH HERE on BCTV from 12 noon to 3pm.
Twelve pastors will collaborate, offerings readings and prayers for the day which marks the crucifixion of Jesus and which will lift up the victims of the COVID virus as well as their health workers. Rev. Lise Sparrow will offer the welcome and two readings. Rev Mary Lindquist, rector of St Michael’s Episcopal Church, Connie Baxter; a representative of the West Brattleboro Quaker Worship Group, and Karen Davis, a representative of the First Baptist Church will offer readings and prayers. Rev Rob Hamm, pastor of the Newfane Comgregational Church, UCC, will read the scripture for the day and the following pastors will offer homilies in this order based on the Last Words of Jesus.
The times are estimates:
- SEVEN LAST WORDS
- 12:10pm “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do”. Rev, Randy Wilburn, Trinity Lutheran Church
- 12:35pm “Today you will be with me in paradise”. Luke 23:43. …Rev. Shayna Appel, All Souls Unitarian Universalist
- 1:00 pm “Woman, behold, thy son! Son, behold, thy mother!” …Pastor Matt Miller, Community Bible Chapel
- 1:25pm “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” … Rev. Scott Couper, Centre Congregational church,UCC
- 1:50pm “I thirst”. … Rev. Audrey Miller, First Congregational church, UCC
- 2:15pm “It is finished.” … Pastor Jeremy Kirk, West Dover Congregational church, UCC
- 2:35pm “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit”. Rev. Susie Webster-Toleno, Congregational Church of Westminster West, UCC.
Everyone is welcome.